It occurred to me today, while taking more pictures for future exercises, that I really have no way of knowing whether anyone is getting any use out of them. So I've decided it's time to do something about that!
If you write a story or poem or anything else you feel artistic and creative that has been inspired by one of my exercises, I would like you to email me. In return I will read your submission and if I determine it to be appropriate for this blog I will post it with full credit prominently displayed and I will also include a link back to your site or blog. This will give you some exposure and will give you a venue to show off some of your writing. (I will also consider youtube videos as long as they fit the theme.)
Your email should include:
- 'Writing Exercise Submission' in the subject field of the email.
- The name of the post the writing prompt was on (link preferable).
- Your name.
- Your website or blog address you would like me to link back to.
- The poem or short story that you have written.
- Any comments about how the prompt influenced the writing of this particular piece.
- If a youtube video, provide the link, not the video itself.
- The work you have submitted MUST be your own.
- If previously published you must still retain the rights to said submission.
- No sexually explicit content.
- No extreme violence (nothing outside the realm of general taste).
- Swearing is allowed but not to the point where it overruns the content or distracts from the writing.
- Submissions will be accepted by email only, do not submit via comments.
These guidelines are subject to change, please check back occasionally if you haven't read them in a while.
Happy hunting and may you find the Muse at every turn!